As a life-long wisdom seeker, after studying and practicing bodywork therapy for three decades, I decided to combine my two passions and began teaching wisdom cultivation courses based on body-centered techniques. These days my main focus is teaching.
In preparation for this transition, I worked and reworked the daily cultivation practice I had developed for myself and made it into a system I could teach others. I also took a seven-month, 200-hour Meditation and Contemplative Studies Facilitation training program to learn about contemplative practices from around the world and how to be a facilitator of wisdom cultivation in an open-minded, multi-cultural, multi-faith, and dogma-free environment. And now here I am!
My wisdom cultivation workshops will not teach you my belief system or any belief system. My goal is not to convert you or persuade you; rather, it's to help you connect with your own wisdom in your own way. Each and every one of us has a wealth of knowledge within us that we do not always know how to hear. I can help you hear that incredible voice within. I can give you the tools you need to navigate your life your own way — to know where you stand and what is truly meaningful for you!
Come join me, won’t you?
* * * * * *
- Certified Meditation and Contemplative Studies Facilitator; Certified by the New York Open Center (NYOC)
- Certified Bodywork Therapist (ACBT); Certified by Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP)
- Certified Reiki Practitioner and Teacher:
- Certified Usui Reiki Ryoho Shinpiden / Teacher; International House of Reiki
- Certified Usui / Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher; International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT)
- Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner and Teacher:
- Certified Shinpiden and Animal Reiki Teacher; Animal Reiki Source (ARS)
- Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner; Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA)
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT); New York State Licensed and Registered
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP); Certified Professional Member
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA); Professional Member
Some Additional Experience & Training:
- Animal Reiki Volunteer; various shelters, rescues, and sanctuaries in New York City
- SARA Animal Reiki Teacher and Practitioner; Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA)
- Project Manager / Trainer / Liaison; a Fortune 100 company
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies; State University of New York (SUNY)
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in English Literature and Writing; State University of New York (SUNY)
- Massage Therapy Program Graduate; Swedish Institute
- Certified Sound and Music Facilitator; Certified by the New York Open Center (NYOC)
- The Body-Mind Series with Til Luchau, LMT Level; ABMP Education Center
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Five Element Theory, Professional Practitioner Level; Swedish Institute
- Polarity Therapy, Associate Polarity Practitioner (APP) Level; Energy Arts School
- Comforting Touch Geriatric Massage, LMT Level; Center for the Advancement of Therapeutic Arts (CATA)