As a life-long wisdom seeker, after studying and practicing bodywork therapy for three decades, I decided to combine my two passions and began teaching wisdom cultivation courses based on body-centered techniques. These days my main focus is teaching.
In preparation for this transition, I worked and reworked the daily cultivation practice I had developed for myself and made it into a system I could teach others. I also took a seven-month, 200-hour Meditation and Contemplative Studies Facilitation training program to learn about contemplative practices from around the world and how to be a facilitator of wisdom cultivation in an open-minded, multi-cultural, multi-faith, and dogma-free environment. And now here I am!
My wisdom cultivation workshops will not teach you my belief system or any belief system. My purpose is not to convert you or persuade you in any way. My goal is to help you connect with your own wisdom in your own way. Each and every one of us has a wealth of knowledge within us that we do not always know how to hear. I can help you hear that incredible voice within. I can give you the tools you need to navigate life your way — to know where you stand and what is truly meaningful for you!
Come join me, won’t you?
* * * * * *
- Certified Meditation and Contemplative Studies Facilitator; Certified by the New York Open Center (NYOC), 2018
- Certified Bodywork Therapist (ACBT); Certified by Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP), 2012
- Certified Reiki Practitioner and Teacher:
- Certified Usui Reiki Ryoho Shinpiden / Teacher; International House of Reiki, 2010
- Certified Usui / Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher; International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), 2010
- Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner and Teacher:
- Certified Shinpiden and Animal Reiki Teacher; Animal Reiki Source (ARS), 2014
- Certified Animal Reiki Practitioner; Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA), 2012
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT); New York State Licensed and Registered, 1990
- Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP); Certified Professional Member since 2012
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA); Professional Member since 1990
- Shelter Animal Reiki Association (SARA); Registered Practitioner since 2012; Registered Teacher from 2014 to 2021
Some Additional Experience & Training:
- Animal Reiki Volunteer; various shelters, rescues, and sanctuaries in New York City
- Project Manager / Trainer / Liaison; a Fortune 100 company
- Communication Studies Bachelor of Arts Degree; State University of New York at Oswego
- English Literature and Writing Bachelor of Arts Degree; State University of New York at Oswego
- Massage Therapy Program Graduate; Swedish Institute
- Sound and Music Facilitator; Certified by the New York Open Center (NYOC)
- The Body-Mind Series with Til Luchau, LMT Level; ABMP Education Center
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and the Five Element Theory, Professional Practitioner Level; Swedish Institute
- Polarity Therapy, Associate Polarity Practitioner (APP) Level; Energy Arts School
- Comforting Touch Geriatric Massage, LMT Level; Center for the Advancement of Therapeutic Arts (CATA)
* * * * * *